Subject: Re: PARbroiled
From: [email-masked] (Robert Cohen)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:25:31 -0500

>
>     >Does this seem like a drive failure or a PAR card failure? I'm sure
>     >that Micropolis will say it's the card and DPS will say it's the
>     >drive.
>

I am afraid that I did not see the start of this thread, but I would like to
share an experience I had with DPS and Micropolis when I was having problems
with my PAR... I nor the techs could figure by the symptoms which could be the
problem (card or drive) so I was in the process of pulling them both out for
inspection by the dealer, when I noticed that the card was VERY hot.

The installation instructions for the TBCIV and the PAR (at least in my Amiga)
were to mount them in slots that were right next to each other, so that the
short hop between them would reach...  both cards are quite substantial in
terms of mass, and the resulting space between the two cards were just about
non exisistant.

My answer was to space them apart by one slot and to STREEEEEEth the jumper
cable between them (it did work) as to allow better ventilation between them.
I also knocked out a few more card slot panels from the back of the machine,
just for added measure...

I have not had a single problem with my PAR since....

I hope this helps someone ;)

 _ __                         __
' )  )     /         _/_     /  )     /
 /--' ____/____  __  /      /    ____/_  _  __   Lightwave Animator
/  \_(_) /_) (<_/ (_(__    (__/ (_) / /_(<_/) )  [email-masked]